A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOUR TRIP
Children ages 2 and under ride free as lap child
Child tickets for ages 3-12
- Please pick up your train tickets prior to boarding on the day of your scheduled trip. When picking up tickets, please arrive at the station at least 30 minutes prior to departure of your train (please arrive 45 minutes to 1 hour before departure for Special Event Trains). Directions and road map to our Alamosa and La Veta depots can be found on our directions page.
- Each economy and standard class service reserved seating. Upgrade service and amenities you with First Class or Diamond Class.
- Weather may vary dramatically during your trip, so we recommend that you wear layers of clothing or bring along a jacket. Sturdy shoes with ankle support and closed toed shoes are best for train safety. We strongly discourage sandals, flip-flops, crocs, or other non-protective footwear. If you choose to wear open footwear, you do so at your own risk. (no open-toed shoes—sandals or flip-flops)
- You may wish to bring a hat, sunglasses or sunscreen if you plan on being outside in the sun.
- Food and Beverage Concessions are available on board for purchase, alcoholic beverages and beer is served on the train. Passengers are not allowed to board the train with their own alcoholic beverages. Coolers of any kind are not allowed on the train.
- At the concert site in Fir, only cash is accepted at the food vendor’s cabin.
- In addition to cash, we honor major credit/ debit cards on the train.
- Restrooms are located throughout the train and in the depots. Restrooms in LaVeta are located in the Large Box car in front of the park not in the depot.
- Attendants are on-board to serve you.
- The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad adheres to all ADA standards. Much of our equipment is historic, and access is therefore limited. Guests who wish to receive special assistance are required to inform the reservations or ticket agent NO LESS THAN 48 hours prior to departure. To ease seating and accommodations, it is recommended that you alert our agent at the time of booking. Not all train cars are wheel chair accessible.
- Only service animals are allowed on the train. They must have the service vest on at all times along with proper id and/or papers. Also note that the owner is responsible for any damage the animal may cause to the train or to other passengers.
CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
If for some reason you wish to cancel your reservation, you must call 1-877-726-RAIL (7245), 48 hours before the date of your trip. If a cancellation is made more than 48 hours prior to departure a full refund will be given. There are no refunds given if a cancellation is made after the 48-hour deadline, however your trip may be rescheduled for a later date. There are no refunds issued for Special Event Trains. The conditions do not apply to groups, charters, or non-scheduled trains.
Our goal is your complete accommodation and satisfaction, if you have any questions please call: 1-877-726-RAIL (7245).