Meet the Family
The Premier Rail Collection is a collection of passenger trains across the country. The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad travels the longest route to the highest altitude in the group, but take a moment to see some of what the rest of the collection offers.
The Top 10 Things to Love about the Premier Rail Collection
- Coast to coast. We offer scenic train rides from locations in California to Cape Cod with plenty of destinations in between.
- Variety. No two trains are alike in the collection. From a ride through Oregon fruit valleys, rugged climbs up the Rocky Mountains, leisurely rides through the Texas piney woods, marveling at the forests and lakes of the Adirondacks and taking in the iconic dunes and salt marshes of Cape Cod.
- Operating heavy equipment. Our fleet has wide offerings from vintage Long Island cars, double deckers, panoramic dome cars, dining and lounge cars, Pullman sleeper cars and restored club cars.
- Holiday Fun. Our trains offer year round special events like St. Patty’s Trains, Bunny Hop Express, Rails & Ales, Pumpkin Patch Trains, Oktoberfest, Thanksgiving Dinner Trains and holiday offerings such as THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride and our very own Train to Christmas Town.
- Working on the railroad. The people who work for the Premier Rail Collection represent more than a century of rail experience. We know and live trains and are ready to share our knowledge with you.
- Recycling. We bring back old favorites. Pullman Rail Journeys just this past year carried passengers between Chicago to Madison on a route that had been closed for 40 years. Keep watching to see what we do next.
- Powered by Perks. Our loyalty program the Rail Baron Club rewards frequent travelers. Who doesn’t want to be a Rail Baron?
- Music to your ears. On-board entertainment is scheduled on the Pullman Rail Journeys line from Chicago to New Orleans with artists from the Old Town School of Folk Music. And the summer concert series of the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad was named one of the top 10 outdoor concert venues by USA Today.
- Building speed. The PRC collection continues to progress forward. This past year brought exciting expansion with the runs of the Eastern Flyer in Oklahoma and new excursions into Wisconsin.
- Rise to the occasion. We have sales representatives to help with any plan you want to try. We specialize in: weddings, receptions, reunions, office parties, church groups, community clubs and more. Get away from the predictable and get on board.